Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tech Tip- how to link in a blog comment

I am such a blog newbie, despite the fact that I have technically been blogging since November.  Recently I joined BlogLovin' and I am LOVIN' it.  So far I have transferred all of the blogs I follow to BlogLovin' (now that number is a whopping 86), downloaded the app for my iPhone and iPad, and slowly I have started to see my number of followers crawl up.  Thank you to the nine people following me.  Since I have been reading a lot of blog posts, I have been so inspired.  Occasionally, I want to learn more and that usually means that I want to comment on a post.  Thus came the motivation for this post. 

Why isn't my link showing up as a clickable link? 
 
 When commenting on others' posts I wanted to include my blog name, thus giving them easy access to check out my blog.  But, every time I copied my blog's web address into the comment it didn't show as a URL.  So my easy access...not so easy.  In order to see my blog, the reader of the comments would have to be motivated enough to copy and paste my web address into their browser.  I did a little research (i.e. I searched google for the answer) and I am sure it will not surprise you that there was an answer to my problem.  I still feel that there may be an easier answer, but I am happy with the solution.  Now when I include my website in the comment it actually shows up as a link.  

I found my answer at The Bexter Review (at this post), so you can read the original post if you would like.  

Tutorial:

Copy this code into your comment section, but change the blue portion to the link you want and change the pink portion to the text that you want displayed.  It's that easy!  

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7543229/dava-smith-english-teacher">Follow Dava Smith English Teacher on BlogLovin’</a>

Thanks for reading my Tech Tip.  Feel free to let me know if I there is an easier way.  I am always eager to learn new things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SMILE!