Thursday, May 2, 2013

Teaching Writing

The six traits of writing guide the writing instruction at my school.  I teach seventh and eighth graders, and I have covered the traits a few times with them.  Unfortunately, my students don't seem to be "getting it."  I have done practice activities, given them a foldable, quizzed them, yet somehow the majority of the students haven't taken the time to learn the traits.  This has prompted an experiment.  I have found a website with interactive activities- http://www.literatelearner.com/6traits/page_template6t.php?f=main.  I wonder if allowing the students to independently explore the traits and complete activities online will increase their comprehension of each trait.  It is at times like these that I am so thankful for the internet!  There are so many useful pages that have been created to support student learning. Let's see if this works.   Look for an update later in the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me SMILE!